Gov. Beshear Announces $1 Million Investment to Open ‘Opportunity House’ for Young Adults in Northern Kentucky
Today, Governor Andy Beshear visited the future location of Opportunity House on Northern Kentucky University's campus to present a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) check for $1,000,000.Continue reading »
The Assets for Independence program is a first-time homebuyer Savings Match Program for qualifying households to make their dreams of homeownership a reality! Our financial wellness team is ready to help guide you through the process. Qualifying households will meet with a financial coach who will provide the financial education, tools, and resources to purchase a home. Participants will save $1,000 in order to get a $4,000 match toward the down payment of their first home.
- Must agree to program stipulations, including first-come, first-served availability of funds
- Open custodial savings account with our partner bank
- Meet with a financial coach at least once per month until home closing
- Home purchase must be under contract by August 31, 2021
- Household adjusted gross income of less than $52,000 for a family of four
- Earned Income Tax Credit eligible households
- Total household assets minus total household debt is less than $10,000
Contact our Financial Wellness Team if you have any questions:
(859) 491-8303 ext. 2314
Joseph Subaru of Florence shared the love this week in the form of a $21,254 check from the "Share The Love" Campaign to us and the Newport Professional Firefighters Local 45 IAFF. Thank you Joseph Subaru of Florence!
We, along with all United Way-funded programs, will receive a 20% cut in our allocation starting January 1, 2019. For Brighton Center, that means we must deal with a $263,000 shortfall to start the New Year. We did get an indication in mid-November that allocations would more than likely be reduced by 15-20%, but now the news is official. We will still be allocated $1,052,000 for our programs in 2019. All allocations are posted on United Way’s website. We are grateful for United Ways continued support of our programs and will continue to do amazing work with their investment.