Bright Days Child Development Center
Children and their families are provided a high quality educational experience in a nurturing environment leading to school success.
Bright Days Child Development Center is a nationally accredited, 4 STAR Rated learning environment for children ages six weeks to 12 years old at all income levels. Children receive individualized classroom instruction from highly qualified staff who utilize developmentally appropriate, researched based curriculum.
At Bright Days, our goal is to prepare children for success by setting the foundation for all future learning, not just in the cognitive realm, but socially and emotionally. We are deemed quality by our:
- Smaller ratio of children to adults
- Educational qualifications and low staff turnover
- Positive and meaningful adult-child relationships
- High quality and quantity of equipment and materials
- Vast quality and quantity of space per child
- Exceeds minimal health, hygiene and safety provisions
- Early Learning Leaders (ELL) National Accreditation
- Curriculum aligned with Kentucky’s Early Childhood Standards
- Interactive and spacious classroom environment with individualized learning
- Quality Curriculum Components (National Accreditation, Language and Literacy, Social & Emotional, Assessments, Staff Development, Family Partnerships)
- USDA food program – free breakfast, lunch, and snacks served
- Tuition assistance from State Child Care Assistance Program or United Way
Discovery Camp - Enrolling Now!
This summer discover a universe of fun with hands on age appropriate educational experiences through field trips, crafts, and presentations.
- Currently enrolling ages 5 - 12 years old
- Discovery Camp runs from May 31 - August 1 (Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm)
- To register call (859) 491 - 8303 Ext. 2033
Why We Do It
Research clearly shows that a child’s brain grows at an extraordinary pace in the first six years of their life and thus lays the foundation for lifelong development. It is truly important to take advantage of this crucial time because the human brain has the highest potential for new learning. Appropriate early childhood programs not only help a child’s brain development, they also contribute to physical, emotional, and social development. Early Education in high quality settings like Family Daycare homes recognize that learning in the early years is critical to a child’s lifelong development and is geared to give children a jump-start in learning and prepare children for kindergarten.
The goal is to ensure children are ready to learn on their first day of school. High quality programs improve school performance; raise math and language abilities, sharpen thinking/attention skills, lower school dropout rates, improve and strengthen interactions with peers, encourage more exploratory behavior, and prepares children to succeed in school. Long-term Early Childhood programs increase lifelong earning potential, lower rates of teen pregnancy and incarceration, enable students to have higher earnings, lower the crime rates, and increase high school graduation rates.
- Enrolling children six weeks to 12 years of age
- After School Program and Summer Camp