Brighton Center will be hosting 3 MyFreeTax events this week. If you still need to complete your taxes, this is a great option! MyFreeTax Events are self-help events. You will need to bring all tax documents and you will complete your taxes for free using the provided technology. You can even bring your own laptop!
VITA Volunteers and Brighton Center Staff will be onsite to assist with the MyFreeTaxes software and to answer any tax questions that may come up. Visit brightoncenter.com/vita for a list of tax documents needed.
March 29, 2022: 12:30 pm - 5 pm
Kentucky Career Center 1324 Madison Ave, Covington, KY
Wednesday, March 30, 2022: 12 pm - 5 pm
City Heights Rec Hall 2500 Todd Street, Covington, KY
Friday, April 1, 2022: 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Center for Employment Training 601 Washington Ave, Newport, KY
This will include a 90-minute presentation about how to use MyFreeTaxes and Basic Tax Education.
The open session for MyFreeTaxes will begin at 2 PM until 3:30.
Use the list below to gather all the documents and forms you’ll need to get started with Free Tax Prep. Any item with a star (*) is mandatory; without it, you will be unable to access Free Tax Prep. All other items are highly recommended. For a full list of documents required to file taxes visit the Checklist for Free Tax Return Preparation | Internal Revenue Service (IRS.gov).
- Income information: All W-2, 1099 forms, and other information for income received in 2020 by you, spouse, and dependent(s). *
- Photo identification for primary individual(s) filing the return (you/spouse). *
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number cards for everyone listed on the return (you, spouse, and dependents or children). *
- Birth dates of everyone listed on the return (you, spouse, and dependents or children). *
- Last year’s tax return.
- Information about your stimulus payment — also known as an economic impact payment (EIP). You may have IRS Notice 1444 or other records showing your EIP amount.
- Information about your Advanced Child Tax Credit payments. - IRS Letter 6419, Advance Child Tax Credit Reconciliation, if applicable
- A canceled check or bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit. IRS recommends this to receive your refund as soon as possible.
- Identity Protection PIN, if one has been issued to you, your spouse, or your dependents by the IRS.
- Credit and deduction documentation.