- Sponsor collection drives for clothing, food, personal hygiene, cleaning supply and/or baby items.
- Provide employees with training sessions on professional development.
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, shredding, and typing.
- Assist with the Community Celebration (September) or the annual Holiday Drive (December).
Brighton Properties (Senior Housing)
- Assist with cleaning, building maintenance and/or landscaping needs of our properties located throughout Northern Kentucky.
- Plan an activity for the seniors at one of our three independent living homes.
- Spend one-on-one time with a senior resident.
Brighton Recovery Center for Women
Facility provides substance abuse recovery services to women.
- Adopt-a-Spot and help the women beautify their space with gardening.
- Mentor and assist with GED tutoring.
Community & Youth Services
- Sort clothing donations and assist with restocking the Clothing Closet thrift store.
- Assist with weekly after-school group activities with youth ages 10-14.
- Invite youth to your work site for a tour/job shadowing experience.
- Provide one-on-one tutoring and mentoring sessions to youth, ages 12-18, at Homeward Bound Runaway Shelter.
- Lead an activity with youth at Homeward Bound to promote positive social interaction. Cook dinner, play board games or Wii, or suggest your own creative activity.
- Create a presentation for youth about an educational topic or life-skill such as cooking, budgeting, or self-esteem.
- Serve on a committee to support the planning of our fundraisers.
- Volunteer specifically for one of our agency fundraisers.
Early Childhood Education
Programs provide a safe, sound and enriching environment for children, ages infant to pre-school.
- Provide one-on-one attention to an infant or young child in a daycare setting.
- Plan a party or special event for a group of children.
- Create sample toy materials for use during home-visit activities.
- Prepare an educational presentation for adults of infants and toddlers.
- Sort food donations and stock our Choice Food Pantry.
- Distribute food through our USDA Commodity program.
- Spruce-up home owner’s properties with gardening, landscaping, fall leaf clean-up, and other home improvements.
- Greet and register participants or help prepare taxes during Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Saturday sessions.
Programs offer college level skill training and GED preparation to youth and adults to train them for a successful career.
- Present to trainees about the realities of the workplace, and how to find success on the job.
- Provide individualized tutoring to youth and adults in GED, Medical Assisting, Microsoft Office Technology, or Construction Management.
- Hold on-site mock interviews and offer feedback to trainees.
- Host an individual or group at your job site for job shadowing or provide a longer externship opportunity.
- Offer to serve on the Industrial Advisory Board (6X/year) or a skill-specific Technical Advisory Committee (2X/year).